Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Derby recap

We had great seats at the Derby. Right behind me in this picture is the home stretch to the finish line! I was embarrassed to sneak a selfie at the Derby, but it had to be done. 
The most terrible pre-Derby family picture ever, but it was the best we could do. Amelia & Chris were not in the picture mood and I was still figuring out how to hold my head wearing a hat apparently. #familypicturefail
Our seats were in the shade which made for an absolutely perfect weather day. We couldn't have asked for a better Derby experience!
These were the seats to our right. If you look in the background, you will see the white pole next to the track -- that is the finish line for the horses. 
This was the crazy long line waiting for the shuttle after the Derby. I took this from sitting on the bus after I had stood in the line for about 20 minutes. We parked in Papa John's stadium and took the shuttle to and from the Derby. It really wasn't bad at all for us!
All the pretty horses doing their trot around the track pre-Derby time. 
We truly had the best day. Chris's colleague who gave us the free tickets really hooked us up -- we got free brunch, free boxed lunch, and a nice little goodie bag to take home. The only 2 things I had to complain about were all the people smoking cigars (gag!) and the blisters I got from walking around in high heels. My poor feet aren't used to fancy shoes!

No comments: