This weekend I enjoyed my very first Mother's day as a new mom. In the past few years, Mother's Day has been a little bit of a depressing day for me as I have been so ready to be a mommy for so many years, and it just wasn't happening for us. I am beyond thankful and blessed to be able to celebrate this holiday this year with my sweet baby girl.
Chris has always been super sweet to give me Mother's Day and birthday cards from my other daughter, Lucy, for the past several years. So this year I got 2 cards - one from Amelia and one from Lucy! (Excuse the wet hair, I had just taken my shower & they were ready to do presents!)
Saturday we went out to lunch at a new restaurant called Mesh with Chris's parents to celebrate. Sunday we just hung out around the house and did a whole lot of nothing (which is my favorite thing to do!).
I had the TV on a bunch of old chick flicks for most of the day -- I didn't really get to watch any of them in their entirety as Amelia keeps me constantly busy, but it was nice to sit and watch a few minutes here and there of some of my classic favorites -- Steel Magnolias, Sweet Home Alabama, and Sleepless in Seattle.
I may have bags under my eyes, forget to eat, be bone-tired, and have an aching back.....but I wouldn't trade being a mom to this sweet baby for anything in the world!
Love you, Amelia Ryan!!!

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment