Happy Monday! We had a great weekend! Friday night we picked up some Chic fil a and rented some movies and stayed home. Truthfully, I was asleep by 9:00! But I was up bright and early Saturday cleaning and trying to get my house in order before Chris's parents came down to join us for lunch. The four of us went to Mariah's and then came back home to love on Lucy a little bit before they headed back to Louisville. Saturday night Chris and I did our usual date night of Garcia's and Barnes & Noble. Always a great time with my hubby!
The highlight of my weekend was Sunday after church when the girls came over for a knitting party! I had my needles and yarn ready to go and I greeted them with a warm batch of cookies... should I change my name to Grandma Emily or what? :)
We had a great time learning to knit, and Kelly was a very patient teacher!
It took us a while to catch on (knitting is harder than it looks!), but after a while Lesslye got so good that she whipped up a sweater to wear home!
Just kidding! We didn't get anywhere near learning to do sweaters! The expression on Alicia's face is how we looked for the majority of our knitting time! It takes a lot of concentration. We quickly realized that it was not possible to knit and talk at the same time, ha!
We had a lovely knitting afternoon. :)
Thanks again, Kelly! I don't think I can cross 'Learn to Knit' off my list quite yet, but I'll keep practicing! We'll have to schedule another knitting party in the near future. I know I enjoyed it...and Lucy enjoyed the company too!
Have a great day! Happy Valentine's Eve!





No comments:
Post a Comment