On top of the fact that I have declared April as my month to begin a spending fast, my darling hubsy has decided to also declare April as a sugar fast month in the Nation household.
No shopping, no sugar, NO FUN for me for the next 30 days!
He watched a documentary on sugar Saturday night (not long after I made a delicious Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Coffee Cake...)
He learned all sorts of frightening facts about sugar and what it is doing to our bodies. It was the topic of conversation all day yesterday! One interesting tidbit he learned was that just 1 soda (regular OR diet) a day for a year equals 30 lbs of sugar and 14 lbs of fat! In fact, diet coke (the fake sugar) is even worse than regular coke. It didn't take much convincing for me to happily bring in my coffee cake and case of diet cokes to the office this morning so that they would disappear from my sights! (You know I wasn't going to just throw it away!)
We did manage to kick off April with a little bit of fun thanks to Chris's sweet parents who brought Lucy (the birthday girl) some presents!
She got some bones, whitening shampoo, and a new pink penguin squeaker toy.... which she managed to destroy in less than an hour! Crazy girl!
PS - I have to confess that I broke my spending fast by $1.74 on Saturday. It was an accident though. I had set a $100 budget for my grocery shopping, but it is really hard to keep an accurate calculation of your bill while shopping! If I had known I wouldn't be needing those diet cokes in 24 hours, I could have been under budget!
2 comments:
I cut out sugar a few weeks ago. I saw that I was eating double what I needed to each day (via MyFitness Pal) and freaked out. It's really hard at first, but I feel GREAT now! Stick with it! :)
that coffee cake looks amazing!
Post a Comment