Lately, I have had a little issue. I have not been able to drive past a warehouse or dumpster without glancing around for signs of pallets that are being thrown away. I blame Pinterest. Pinterest has got me thinking that I can use pallets to solve all of my furniture needs. Patio table. Shelf. Couch. Bed. You name it. Pallets are my new obsession. And the sad thing is, I'm still not sure how to spell the word. Pallet? Palette? Pallette?
This brings us to our second chapter of Newlywed Adventures. If you are a new reader, you can find the first chapter of the story here, where I unsuccessfully tried my hand at mowing the yard. Yesterday on my way home from lunch, I passed a warehouse and feasted my eyes upon the mother-load of pallets being tossed out beside a dumpster. There were probably about 15 perfectly good pallets piled higher than the dumpster itself! I did a double take and then before I knew it I had veered my car quickly over and pulled into the parking lot and was staring bewildered at the magnificent stack of palletial goodness. It was beautiful. But then, I got nervous... I can't lift a pallet, they are too heavy, it won't fit in my car, people are staring at me, I am so embarrassed, what am I doing? So I turned around as fast as my little car would take me and headed home, meanwhile the wheels in my head were turning as to how I could get someone to help me bring those sweet pallets home with me!
At first, I didn't want to bother the hubby because I knew he was busy at work and probably wouldn't have time to come to my rescue. Plus honestly, I was kind of trying to avoid the embarrassment of asking him to leave work to come get a pallet out of a random dumpster for me to make a patio shelf. So I called a dear friend who I know is equally afflicted with the Pinterest Pallet Syndrome, and who I also knew had a fiance with a truck that might just happen to be in town at the time. Unfortunately, the plan fell through as Kaylyn's fiance didn't drive his truck yesterday, so I swallowed my pride and texted the hubby.
Found a pile of pallets! Please go to the corner of ___ and ___ and bring me home a pallet before they are thrown away. PLEASE HUSBAND.
Yes I actually wrote the words PLEASE HUSBAND in all caps. Can you sense the desperation? How sad.
Long story short, hours later.... the hubby called me on his way home from work. He reluctantly agreed that he would go to the dumpster to get my beloved pallet, but I had to go with him. That's fair. So we hopped in the car, headed to the dumpster, and snatched my precious wooden gold.
I can't wait to turn this into a glorious patio shelf creation.
So to repay my husband for his generosity, I decided to make him a delicious healthy feast of Almond Crusted Tilapia and roasted asparagus. I found this healthy recipe on the internet and I just knew he would love it. Right? Wrong. After I burnt the fish to smithereens, made our entire house smell like a nasty dead fish, and shrunk the asparagus down to unrecognizable slivers of nasty green sticks, I fixed the hubby an apple and turkey sandwich. Ironically, he said it was the best turkey sandwich he had ever had, but I had to vow to never ever ever try to fix fish again. That's fair.
In other news, the hubby also scored major points last night by finding my long lost pair of sunglasses that I thought I lost a year ago. I know most of you could care less, but I'm mostly sharing with the in-laws as we searched high and low for these glasses last year and couldn't find them anywhere! All is right with the world again.
Do I take too many self-portraits with my iPhone? I'll go ahead and answer that for you. Yes. But I can't help it. Add it to my list of issues!
Happy Tuesday!
4 comments:
i love it when i find my lost sunglasses! so exciting! lol
Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like! New projects are always fun!
Love your blog! Super cute! So jealous of your palate! Cant wait to see what you do with it. Can't wait to come back and read more!
yay! found a pallet and your long lost sunglasses in one day, that is a great day in my opinion. cant wait to see what you make with your pallet
Post a Comment