Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You've Really Got a Hold on Me

I've been a sneezing, itchy eyed, sniffling mess for a VERY long time now and no amount of allergy medicine has been able to cure me. This morning a co-worker made the comment, "something has really got a hold on you!" and all day long I've had that song You've Really Got a Hold On Me in my head. I've tried prescription Claritin, Mucinex-D, Afrin (which has been my only saving grace, but it says don't use 3 days in row so I can only use it for so long), and Benadryl. Nothing seems to do the trick. Today I'm trying Allegra-D -- please pray this one cures me!

Yesterday in my Easter post, I forgot to mention the adorable Easter basket that Chris's mom gave to me, Chris, and Lucy. It was so incredibly thoughtful of her!


She got us Real Simple magazine, Cesar's Way magazine, All for You magazine, The Story (which I can't WAIT to read!), some yummy chocolate bunnies and other candy, some shopping money, some Tazo chai tea, bones for Lucy, and the basket itself is already being used to decorate one of my shelves because it is just too cute! I have the best mother-in-law! Oh and she also gave me some beautiful daisies for our kitchen table. Love you, Pam! :)

I've also got a pretty fantastic father-in-law who is on a mission to make me and Chris a patio table out of palates. I found it on Pinterest and decided I just have to have one for our patio!


Another thing I saw recently on Pinterest is really helping me steer clear of sugar. Chris keeps telling me how bad cokes and diet cokes are for me, but when I saw this picture it REALLY sunk in! Yuck!


My Sonic water never tasted better today!


Happy Tuesday! Sorry for all the random thoughts! I blame it on the allergies!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of those "have to have caffeine every morning" person and I saw this the other day too and almost died. I've started drinking water with EVERYTHING. I finally got over my daily headache from lack of caffeine.. All that work to stay fit.

henning love said...

oh my gosh that board is really mind-opening. who knew there was that much sugar in my drinks. definitely drinking the water more often!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Emily, I would GO GO GO see an allergist! I struggled with allergies sooooo badly and one year it was so bad, they gave me a shot and I felt SOOOOO much better. They also have some prescription meds that are way better. I would not suffer without seeing a doctor for it! JB is an allergist extender here on Incirlik. DO IT!

Danielle said...

That sugar thing is INSANE!! Holy cow!! Love your blog.

Andrea D said...

I love those pallet tables! I thought about trying to make one for our living room, but the hubs voted that idea down (probably because he would have ended up doing most of the work himself haha). Definitely post photos when he gets yours finished! :)
Hope you get to feeling better! Colds and allergies suck plain suck.

Andrea
Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

Anonymous said...

New follower! I saw that same drink post on pinterest. Made my stomach hurt!

feel better soon! :)