Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just a Big Softie


I've seen the movie Facing the Giants more times than I can count. But it is one of those movies that I cannot watch without crying. And when I say crying...I mean big fat crocodile tears streaming down my face. It was on TV last night, and I couldn't resist stopping and watching it even though I knew that it would only be a matter of minutes before the ugly cry was about to commence.

I think it is just SUCH a good movie. You may not agree with me, and that is okay. But to me, it speaks directly to my heart. The crying usually begins when the kids at the high school break out in spontaneous prayer circles on the football field and some of them accept Christ as their Savior. This sort of thing never happened at my high school - that would have been so amazing to be a part of!

I love movies like this that are saturated with scripture and God's love. I just sit back and let my heart overflow with the joy only He can provide. Do yourself a favor, if you haven't seen it, give it a try. And don't forget the box of tissues. Or in my case...two boxes!


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. -Romans 15:13

1 comment:

henning love said...

i watched that movie for the first time recently it was great! it has such a great story! have you seen fireproof or courageous?