Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fun with my Bridesmaids

Talking about Grace going to prom yesterday reminded me of a funny story. I've actually sort of been prom dress shopping with Grace before...but it wasn't for prom, it was for my wedding! Let me explain. 

When it was time to go shopping for bridesmaid dresses, I invited all of my girls to come along so we could pick the dresses out together - me, Beth, Grace, Alicia, Tammy, Nana, and Mom. We went to a few stores to look around, and then we ended up at Dillard's. 

On this particular day in Dillard's, they were having an impromptu fashion show to showcase their new prom dresses. If you participated as a model in the fashion show, you would get 20% off your purchase. Score! I immediately used my Bridezilla power to convince Alicia and Grace to enter the fashion show and model some prom dresses so that I could get a discount on their bridesmaid dresses! 

They got to pick out whichever prom dress struck their fancy, and then they had about 30 minutes to get ready before the fashion show began. 


They were paired up with an escort and had to walk the aisles of Dillard's to the sound of loud upbeat music, while all of us onlookers watched them and took lots of pictures.





It was such a fun and spontaneous experience to share with my bridesmaids! We had a blast watching them model, and then I got a discount on their dresses -- win, win!


Oh, but then a few weeks later, I decided I didn't like those dresses anymore and went with another dress. So, basically they did the fashion show for no reason. Hee hee, sorry girls!


Thanks for being such good sports, girls! Hey, Grace, maybe when we go shopping for your prom dress, Dillard's will be having another impromptu fashion show and I can pay you back the favor! :)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow I had almost forgotten this story! :) It's cool for late 20 somethings to try on prom dresses for 20% off in my opinion! I'm glad you got pictures! :) And I've worn the dress you actually chose more than just to your wedding - I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to shop for dresses! I love your bridesmaids dresses and the color is great. :)

henning love said...

oh my gosh what a cool story!! and even though you picked different dresses later it seems like they were a good sport about it and you got to experience something totally fun and random with them