Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend with the Boys

We went to Louisville this weekend and had a total boys weekend. Saturday, I tagged along with Chris and his dad to the shooting range. It was really loud in there so we all had to wear these really cool ear protectors and goggles to protect our eyes. I know I look super cool.


After shooting practice, we picked up Chris's mom {she stayed home to babysit Lucy for us} and headed to Tinsel Town to watch Zero Dark Thirty. I have to admit -- I really liked it! It was very interesting to see how we captured Bin Laden. The girl in the movie, Jessica Chastain, won a Golden Globe last night for best actress. She totally deserved it!


After the movie, we headed to dinner at Chris's favorite place, Mark's Feedstore. It's a local BBQ joint with good sweet tea and fried pickles.

After all of the guns, BBQ, and guy-related activities, I was happy to come home that night and watch the Miss America pageant! I was really hoping Miss South Carolina would win, but she got runner-up to Miss New York.

Speaking of pretty girls in fancy dresses, my sweet cousin Grace was asked to prom this weekend! I am so excited for her! I can't wait to tag along on the prom dress shopping trip and to see her all dolled up!

And on a totally unrelated note, when we weren't shooting guns or watching movies, we were snuggled up with this little cuddle bug. She's such a sweetie.


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am dying to see Zero Dark Thirty!! Looks like you have a good weekend!