Thursday, January 3, 2013

Two Special Gifts

Yesterday when I was listing some of the gifts I received this year, I left off 2 very special ones because they deserve their own post. First, my sweet & thoughtful husband surprised me with a gift that completely made me fall in love with him more. He donated money in my name to an organization called Charity Water.


In a nutshell, this organization works to provide clean drinking water to people in developing nations. I absolutely LOVE this gift. Chris has always said that he wishes we would all quit giving gifts to each other at Christmas and put our money towards a good charity to people who really need it. This year he showed me that he meant it, and I hope that next year, we put all of our Christmas spending money towards charity instead.

My other special gift this year was from my sister. A few years ago, my sister and I started taking turns surprising each other with spontaneous 'sister trips'. First we went to Chicago and shopped, and ate lots of great food, and saw the Broadway show Wicked.


Next, we went to Savannah and shopped, and ate at the Paula Deen restaurant, and spent a COLD but fun day at Tybee Island beach.



After that, we visited Indianapolis to go to a Pioneer Woman book signing....and also hit up a big outlet mall we found along the way.


This year she surprised me with tickets to a Martina McBride and George Straight concert in Lexington! I'm so excited! I love Martina & George...and I can't wait to spend some quality time with my awesome sister. :)


No comments: