Okay so I said I would wait to talk about the new year until I finished recapping Christmas, but it doesn't seem right to not to do a new year's post on January 1st! So I'll go a little out of order, oh well!
Chris and I had a VERY low key New Year's Eve. I fixed us blackened chicken over lime quinoa (quinoa is my new obsession, but Chris does not share my enthusiasm!) and we watched a movie. I got my new year's kiss at 10:30 and called it a night! How sad am I?
I got up early this morning and watched Ice Age: Continental Drift (very cute!) and Chris and I went to Olive Garden for lunch. We ran a few errands to Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, and Target and then came home. I took advantage of my last day of break by taking a 2 hour nap this afternoon - it was awesome!
I've been extra tired lately because I kicked off my new year's resolutions a few days early and have been exercising each day since Sunday. My legs and arms are sooo sore! I got my husband a gift certificate to get a massage for Christmas and the sweet boy gave it back to me - he said I need it worse than he does. Does he get the husband of the year award or what?
Did you make any new year's resolutions? Here are a few that I made:
1. Eat Healthy
I don't know if it's worth calling it a resolution because I am constantly resolving to eat healthy, but more specifically I'm going to try to cut out sodas, drink more water, and eat plenty of fruits & veggies.
2. Exercise Daily
This will be my hardest resolution to keep! I really wish I could stick with some sort of daily exercise. So far I've done a workout I've found on Pinterest for 2 days and then my pilates DVD today. I needed to take it easy today before my legs completely fell off! Like I said - I am SO sore! :(
3. Be Less Critical and More Loving
This is my resolution to let the little things go, stop being so hard on myself, and try to have a happier and less stressed 2013.
This break has been wonderfully relaxing - just what I needed! Now I'm off to take a nice long bubble bath and finish reading my Emily Giffin book. Back to reality tomorrow!
Happy New Year! Hope you have a blessed 2013!

No comments:
Post a Comment