Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Newlywed Adventures

Reading the title of this post, you might be thinking that this is going to be about some romantic exotic excursions that Chris and I shared on our honeymoon. Sadly, if that is what you are thinking, then you are going to be very disappointed with what you are getting ready to read! These newlywed adventures are the kind that take place when you get back from the honeymoon, and enter the real world of marriage!

Last night, I knew that the hubby had plans to meet a friend from church after work for coffee, and I would be home by myself for a few hours. So, being the thoughtful and loving wife that I am, I decided to surprise Chris when he got home by having the yard mowed! Now, I've never actually used our lawn mower, but I've seen him do it several times -- how hard could it be?

So I put on my mowing gear, and got ready to get to work.
Don't be jealous of my tall socks. :)
Here is where the adventure starts. As I was pulling the lawnmower out of the garage, I saw in the distance a big white dog looking my way. He wasn't on a leash and there was no owner in site. I don't know if you know this about me, but I have an irrational fear of large dogs. I mean majorly scared out of my mind. So what did I do? Forget this lawnmower, I'm going inside! I ran to the door and hit the garage button for it to go down, and as I shut the door I heard a scary sound... the garage door stopped going down and started going back up again. The big white scary dog had actually run after me and come inside our garage!

The next thing I did probably wasn't necessary as dogs don't have the capability to turn door knobs, but I locked all the doors and hid inside with Lucy until I saw the dog run away completely out of sight! Phew, that was a close one!

Now back to the task at hand -- I was determined to get this yard mowed!

I pressed the primer button 3 times just like I've seen Chris do it, I held the bar down, and I pulled on the string...and I heard "rat tat tat tat tat ... tat....tat...tat.." but it did not start. I tried to start that mower no less than 20 times and it never would do a thing. I finally gave up and decided mowing the yard was just not going to happen tonight.

Lawnmower =1. Emily = 0.

So I went inside defeated by the great and powerful mower, and decided instead to do what wives are supposed to ... stay inside the house and cook and clean! So I put on my sexy domestic attire.

Just trying to keep it sexy around here. You're welcome, husband. 
And I had a grand ole time fixing bowtie pasta for us. Yummy!


And re-organizing my closet - which had turned into a complete disaster zone.

Before
After
And the linen closet which had never really been organized in the first place.

Before
After
Ahh, I feel so much better now.

This newlywed thing can be pretty intimidating and tough at times... but I'm sure glad I've got Mr. Nation to help me get through it!

No comments: