We had a fairly uneventful weekend, so I'll do a brief recap and then get to the fun stuff of Ryder's birthday party. Friday night, Chris and I went out for dinner at Mariah's. The sweet waitress asked us if we were "going out" after dinner and it took a lot of composure not to laugh out loud. What was she talking about -- it was 30 minutes til my bedtime! Oh how times have changed!
Saturday Chris's parents came down for lunch and a little shopping. Have you ever been to Crazy Eddy's furniture store? It's kind of fun because you can barter the price down and end up with a really good deal. We ended up buying an $80 chair for just $30! Saturday night Chris and I went to see the movie Haywire. It was pretty good if you're looking for an action flick.
Now Sunday -- the party day! I got up early to make Ryder some fruit face pies for his party.
Me and Chris's mom saw this idea online a few weeks ago and it looked easy and cute. The recipe called for just cream cheese, but I spiced it up and made cream cheese frosting so it was extra sweet (because Ryder is extra sweet!). :)
Ryder is such a good gift getter. He always exlaims "Thanks everybody!" after every present! And he is getting so good at reading. It was fun to hear him read each card outloud to us.
I can't believe there are 7 candles on his birthday cake this year. It seems like he should still be a little toddler running around!
When we sang "Happy Birthday" to him, he said something funny after every line. He's definitely not shy!
We had a lot of fun celebrating his birthday. Hope you had a fun weekend too!




No comments:
Post a Comment