Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dumplins, Pumpkins, & DJ Tanner

I know what you must be thinking. What on earth could dumplins, pumpkins, and DJ Tanner have in common? Well hold onto your seats, folks, because I'm about to tell you!

When I walked in my house yesterday, I was almost knocked to the ground with the most amazing smell my nose has ever encountered. Seriously, I thought I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in Paula Deen's kitchen! Yesterday morning I dumped a bunch of ingredients in a crock pot and turned it on low. I wasn't expecting much out of it because to tell ya the truth it looked kind of gross! But that crock pot did it's magic while I was away, and it created the most delicious homestyle chicken & dumplins ever! I wish there was a way to post a 'smell' on the blog because you guys are missing out. Someone should invent that.

I can't take credit for the recipe, as much as I'd like to... and I can't even tell you how I found the random blog that I got the recipe from..but I can share the recipe with you. And I strongly recommend you run home and make these immediately!

what you need:
  • 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup (be sure and use the reduced sodium kind)
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 onion, diced (i only used half an onion)
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 4 refrigerator biscuits

how you make it:

  1. place chicken in crock pot.
  2. add butter, soups, onion and parsley.
  3. cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
  4. once cooking time has elapsed, take a fork and shred the chicken.
  5. cut the biscuits into pieces and add to crock pot.
  6. continue to cook for 30-45 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.

Now onto pumpkins....yesterday I had to run some errands around town during work. Although the errands were for work and I was technically "working", I saw no harm in making a quick Starbucks run to satisfy my pumpkin spice latte fix. As much as I've been raving about them on the blog, I had yet to actually have one this season.

Also, while I was "working", I saw no immediate trouble in a really speedy little trip to the Christian bookstore to pick up the book 'Bible Doctrine' by Wayne Grudem because we needed it for our Bible study that met last night. And while I was there, I decided one more little thing was really not going to hurt if I also grabbed Candace Cameron Bure's new book (aka DJ Tanner), 'Reshaping It All' at the bookstore. I think an early birthday present was totally well deserved.


This was all well and good until I glanced down at my shirt and saw that my precious pumpkin spice latte had,  unbeknownst to me, dribbled down my chin and spotted my bright white shirt with bright orange spots.


Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me. I still had two hours of work left. How was I supposed to go back to the office looking like this? Luckily my quick-thinking Macgyver skills kicked in and I realized I could just switch the white shirt with the tank top I was wearing underneath. Clever? Definitely. Fashionable? Not so much.

Let me answer a few burning questions you might have:

1. Once you realized that the cup was dripping orange coffee, did you continue to drink it?
Well of course I did -- have you tasted that stuff? It's pure heaven in a cup! No way am I going to waste it!

2. How many pictures did you take of yourself before being satisfied with the result?
I don't have to answer that - next question, please.

3. Did you actually put on lip gloss and fluff your hair for the picture, knowing that you were going to post this on your blog - even though you look like an idiot with orange stains on your shirt?
Of course not - I mean, gosh - that would be like, so superficial...

4. At anytime during this drama, did you consider NOT going back to work so that you wouldn't have to face your co-workers with a horrendously stained shirt?
No...well, maybe..okay yes...so the thought may have briefly crossed my mind. But give me some credit here, I finally got over myself and came back to work!

5. Have you considered changing the name of your blog to 'Idiotic Moments with Emily'?
Yes. Other options being considered are 'The Misadventures of the Crazy Pumpkin Lady' and 'Why Do These Things Always Happen To Me'.

No comments: