I'm calling it a
kick because I know myself enough to know that when the holidays roll around, this healthy lifestyle has a good chance of going out the window while I delight in Oreo balls & Paula Deen's hashbrown casseroles.
But for now, I gotta admit I'm doing pretty well
minus my dinner last night of peanuts & candy corns. While I love to eat fruit and veggies, I'm usually too lazy to fix them... I mean come on, washing grapes and peeling cucumbers is a lot of work, people! But I managed to do just that and have baggies full of grapes and sliced cucumbers with my Fiji water to snack on today! Go me! (Sorry but if I don't cheer for myself, then I don't know who will!)
I also can happily report that I went to the gym 4 times last week & 2 times already this week. Run, Emily, Ruuuun! My only problem with the gym is my intimidation of the equipment. They have renovated the gym and have all this new equipment that quite frankly, I have no idea how to work! Last week I literally stepped onto one treadmill and stared at it for 30 seconds before hopping off and getting on another treadmill which turned out to be even more intimidating...so I ended up on my trusty elliptical machine. However, I don't feel like I get much out of the elliptical machine
possibly because I stroll leisurely on it while watching The New Adventures of Old Christine. And don't even get me started on those fancy cycling machines. I seriously needed to invest in one of those donut pillows to sit on after attempting that stupid machine.
 |
| This is not my actual gym - mine is MUCH more intimidating, trust me. |
Don't fret though, I have recently discovered something that works my butt off (without bruising it like the bicycle!) and doesn't intimidate me with it's technical and mechanical confusion. Running laps around the gym! Go figure.
 |
| I just felt like running. |
Me and my friend
Jen signed up for the Med Center 5K on October 15 and I've got a LONG way to go before I'm ready to run 3.2 miles! Guess I better try to keep up this healthy lifestyle til at least after the race so that nobody has to drag me across the finish line!
No comments:
Post a Comment