Friday, September 16, 2011

TGIF

This week has gone by slowly for me, and I am extra happy that today is Friday and the weekend is almost here! Every night this week, Chris has had something going on (teaching night class, coffee with a friend, dinner with work colleagues) -- the one night that we actually got to spend together was Wednesday but we had Bible study that night so we were with a group of people. I am really hoping for some one-on-one time with my hubby this weekend! Well...Lucy can hang out with us too if she wants!

Isn't she the cutest?
Hopefully (please Lord!) our new bed will be delivered tomorrow. I'm not totally sure what else we have going on for the weekend except for Sunday afternoon -- my family (Mom, Beth, Ryder, Nana, John, Tammy, Kelly, Grace, & Cole -- we'll miss you Charlie!) is coming to my house for some chili & birthday cake! I'm so excited to host a family function for the first time ever! Nana's birthday is Sunday, John's is next Friday, and mine is the following Monday, so this will be a September birthday celebration. Yay, so excited!

Speaking of birthdays, tomorrow is one of my very bestest friends birthdays -- Happy Birthday Ashley! Yesterday we took her to lunch and gave her a few little gifts.

This look on her face shows how happy she is that I'm taking her picture in the restaurant. You're welcome, Ash. 
Me and her share a obsession love for candy corns and peanuts. Every year around the time of her birthday, I start to crave that sweet & salty combination! So every year, she usually gets candy corns & peanuts for her birthday present (sorry for not being more creative, but I know you love em, girl!).

Yeah, we ended up eating some in the restaurant. They are THAT good!
Oh and while I'm talking about Ashley - I have to apologize to her one more time. Apparently, my quick trip to the Christian bookstore the other day, did in fact hurt someone after all...... she had already purchased the Candace Cameron Bure book for my birthday because of my post about my birthday wish list! My bad, Ash!

I hope you all have a great weekend -- the weather is so fall-ish! Take some time to warm up with some chicken & dumplins! You won't regret it!

No comments: