Monday, September 19, 2011

Great Weekend

I had such a great weekend! I'm really in a great mood today after having such a wonderful weekend so I apologize in advance for the amount of perkiness I'm exerting on a Monday morning. :)

Saturday morning I got up bright and early to make me and my hubby some chocolate chip pancakes - yummy! I've been known to burn, under-cook, and completely destroy a few pancakes in my time, but I am proud to say that these turned out really good. What a great start to the weekend!

Chris and I cleaned around the house a little and took our time doing a whole lot of nothing for most of the morning. (Which made me really happy - I needed some QT with my CUTIE! Again, I'm sorry for the perkiness. I can't control it. Really!) Then we went out for lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Garcia's. Yum, they have the best chips and queso ever! (Right, Grace?)

And then the best news of all -- we came back home and our bed was delivered! Hallelujah! Check out how massive this thing is in our little bedroom, ha!

We slept SOOOO good in it both nights this weekend -- it is THE most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. It's almost too comfortable -- I don't want to get out of it in the mornings! And that's saying something because I'm a morning person!

The rest of Saturday we spent working in the yard and fixing up our new bed and the spare bedroom and cleaning house. When we were satisfied that all our house and yardwork was done, we went out for a nice little date night (which was long overdue!). We had dinner at Panera and then had a coffee and reading date at Barnes & Noble. I'm trying my best to finish my book club book before this Sunday (the day of the meeting). Beth picked a pretty long book! Or maybe I'm just a slow reader!

Sunday after church we came home and got ready for all of my family to come over for chili and to celebrate the September birthdays. I was so excited to host everybody!

Beth and Ryder were the first to come over. Ryder was even more excited than me -- he had made me a homemade card that he couldn't wait to give me & he bought us a birthday cake. It was a bright red Disney Cars cake! ha! He's so funny!

The Kirby's arrived next and surprised me with some super cute fall decorations! I'm so glad to have some touches of fall in our yard now!

Lucy also really liked the mum & pumpkin sign -- she had to have a photo shoot in front of them! But then the little stinker wouldn't look directly at the camera!


Last, my mom, Nana, & John arrived and we all ate and had a great time! We had way too much yummy food & we were all completely stuffed! I'm so glad my fam came over and spent the afternoon with us. I love them all so much!

After my family left, my sister let me borrow a movie she rented.  This really was just the cherry on top of a super weekend -- the most perfect movie for this time of year.

I know I'm totally corny, but I can't help it. Great weekend! Great family! Great new bed! Yay!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Corny? I think NOT! I've had Hocus Pocus saved on my DVR for over a year now! :)