Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Recap

Chris, Lucy, and I headed up to Louisville for the weekend to spend some quality time with his parents. We had a great time! We drove up Friday night to spend the night. Saturday we got up bright and early and I fixed scrambled eggs for me and his mom. The two of us always hang out and talk on Saturday and Sunday mornings because Chris likes to sleep in and his dad is usually playing with Lucy!

After we were all up and ready, we headed into town for lunch at Mark's Feedstore (yummy!) and shopping. Chris is always in need of new work clothes, and I am always in need of a good excuse to go shopping! I bought some new self-tanning lotion at Sephora that I read somewhere that Jennifer Aniston uses (so here's hoping it works and doesn't make me orange!).


Saturday night we considered driving home because they were predicting a pretty heavy snowfall, but we decided to take our chances and stay another night. I'm glad we did because we had a lot of fun Saturday night! We played Jenga and watched episodes of Dog Whisperer! I would love to see what Cesar would do with our crazy Lucy girl! Speaking of Lucy, while we were out shopping I bought her a new raincoat and it is just the cutest thing I've ever seen.


She wasn't too thrilled with the photo shoot!


Sunday we had lunch with his parents and then drove back to Bowling Green.


I love weekends away, but that makes for a busy Sunday afternoon of trying to clean, grocery shop, and prepare for the week ahead. We had a yummy dinner last night of hamburgers and mac n cheese with a strawberry shortcake dessert. Great ending to a great weekend!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun weekend!