Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Running With My Hubby

Yesterday after work, I headed to the gym for a quick workout and then home to cook dinner for me and the hubby. I had gotten as far boiling water when Chris walked in the door and said "Hey, do you want to go for a run?" My jaw just about dropped down to the floor. He NEVER suggests that we go for a run. I didn't care that I had already ran at the gym, I was not going to let this opportunity pass!

So before we headed out the door I grabbed Lucy to put her up (we keep her in the bathroom while we're gone so she doesn't get herself into any trouble), and Chris said "Let's just leave her out and see how she does." Pam, are you reading this? Chris's mom, Pam, and I have been trying to convince Chris that we need to let Lucy run free but he always insists that we put her up. I feel so bad that Lucy spends her days cooped up in the bathroom, so if we can start leaving her out, that would make me feel so much better!

So Chris and I ran through our neighborhood and over to my sister's neighborhood. It was so much fun! Chris said he wants us to start running 3 times a week. I love spending time running with him! Oh and when we returned home from our run, Lucy was sitting on the couch waiting for us -- like a good girl! Speaking of Lucy, she is at the groomer right now getting all trimmed down and prettied up!

Did any of you watch The Voice last night? We love that show! Blake Shelton is so hilarious.

Happy Tuesday! Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, so fun! I love when my hubby wants to run with me too!

BTW, thank you SO much for that sweet email you sent me! It made my day! I'm going to write you back tonight after dinner! You're so sweet :)