Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Motivated Monday

Like I said on a previous post, last week I fell off the workout wagon. Not only that, but I treated myself to lots of unhealthy things like galaxy pie & homemade chocolate chip cookies! When I fall off the wagon I REALLY fall off! So after reading a few chapters in my Candace Cameron Bure book this past weekend, I got re-motivated to eat healthy and workout again.

I went to the gym last night and ran a little over 3 miles (woo hoo!) & then worked out my arms on this cool arm cycle machine. It kind of looks like the picture below but it has a TV you can watch while you do it.

(*Side Note: Never watch Extreme Home Makeover while working out in a crowded gym. You will embarrass yourself by crying while running on the treadmill! Okay so I didn't actually cry real tears, but I certainly let a few audible cry-like squeaks escape before pulling myself together!)

So anyway, after taking a week off from the gym & then thinking I could run 3 miles, I was in for a rude awakening. I've got a severe case of jello legs! It's like I've never ran before in my life! Phew!

Last night I came home & made Chris & I some very healthy veggie stir fry. I used peas, onion, asparagus, & red pepper drizzled with olive oil & a little salt & pepper.

Ignore the green beans - I changed my mind at the last second about using them!
It turned out really yummy!


So this weekend I got motivated to be healthy again, but I also got motivated in my housework. I heard on a radio talk show (Dr. Laura) that one way that wives/mothers show their love for their family is by the quality and care that they put into taking care of the home. I thought to myself, if that was true I certainly wanted to show Chris & Lucy how much I love them! So I made out a nice long chore list to make sure that I wouldn't forget anything! (You know me and my crazy lists!)


I don't think the ceiling fans had been cleaned since we've moved in! Gosh I hope they didn't take that as me not loving them! Ha!!

Hope you have a motivated Tuesday!

(And if you missed yesterday's post about Alicia's trip to Haiti, be sure to scroll down & check it out!)

No comments: