Monday, October 3, 2011

First Weekend of October

Wonderful weather + lots of relaxing = a great weekend!

Friday night Chris and I decided to have a super lazy night. We ordered pizza and rented some movies and just lounged on the couch all night! It was great! Chris rented The Godfather I & II -- After 2 slices of pizza and 30 minutes of mafia action, I was out like a light for the rest of the night! ha!

Saturday morning bright and early,  I spent the morning cleaning & running errands around town before Chris's parents came into town. Chris and I took them to see the new movie, Courageous, and it was sooooo good. But I have to warn you -- it is a tearjerker!


Saturday night, the four of us went to their cousin's wedding on a farm out in the country. It was probably the coolest wedding I've ever been to. The 1 year old ring bearer was pulled down the aisle in an old-timey wagon with a sign on the back that says 'Here Comes the Bride' -- it was super cute! And then the bride showed up in a horse & carriage. The whole outdoorsy setting was just really cool & we all had a great time. Me and Chris are considering renewing our vows so that we can have a wedding like that!

Sunday was a day of laziness. Shame on us, but we didn't go to church (I know, I know, we have no excuse, but sometimes we just are lazy!) I got up early and curled up with my Lucy and my coffee and watched You've Got Mail. I love that movie! After that I fixed a hot tea, played some light jazz music, lit a candle, and read The Help while taking a bubble bath. I sure do know how to relax, ya'll!

For lunch Chris and I went to that new Home Cafe restaurant. The first time I went, I wasn't too impressed, but I've been back twice since and I admit I really like it now. All their ingredients are locally grown which is really cool & Chris and I definitely want to support our local farmers. Oh, speaking of which -- we saw the COOLEST video during the previews at the theater. If you have time, you have to watch this video..I mean Willie Nelson singing Coldplay...you can't get much cooler than that!


Sunday afternoon I visited Beth and Ryder to check on the little man. He's been sick with a stomach bug since Thursday and he still can't seem to shake it. Poor little buddy! While I was there, Beth showed me her most recent art project. Her work does a contest every year to see who can design the most creative bra for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This year she was inspired by owls - Save Your Hooters, Get a Mammo!


Last night I fixed us some chicken dip & chili and I read The Help while Chris prepared for his night class. I'm so close to being finished with this book, and it is SO good so far. Overall we had a great weekend!

Happy Monday, ya'll!

No comments: