Friday, October 28, 2011

T.G.I.F.

Thank Goodness It's Friday! Amen?


It's rainy & cold, this week has gone by at a turtle pace, and I'm ready for the weekend! We are hanging out with our friends Chris & Alicia tonight & their cute little doggy, Penelope. I told them we would leave our bully-dog at home! The only other thing I have planned for this weekend is book club tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to!

Other than that, we'll probably do a lot of the usual -- cleaning house, watching movies, playing with Lucy, maybe some shopping, & I'm sure we'll squeeze in plenty of eating yummy foods. You know us!

There is a Zumba class at my gym on Saturday mornings. I'm thinking that if I am feeling adventures tomorrow morning, I might give it a try! I doubt this actually happens b/c I'm a scaredy cat, but who knows!

Is anyone else enjoying the Halloween-themed shows on TV this week? Some of them are pretty funny, but me and Chris love the old shows like Home Improvement -- especially their Halloween episodes.

Anyway, this post is kind of all over the place but I just have one more thing to share. :) I know a lot of you that read my blog are either WKU alumni, work here, currently go to school here, or you've at least been on campus. Well I just have to vent for a second......

....about the squirrels!


My office used to be at the bottom of the hill & my walk from car to the building was a clear path without any trees (therefore very few squirrels). Now that my office has moved to the top of the hill, my morning, lunchtime, & afternoon walk to and from my car involves walking directly under several tall trees that are completely chock full of little squirrely dudes (both the brown and the white of course!).


I don't mind squirrels, I actually think they're pretty cute as long as they don't get to close to me. The part that is starting to drive me NUTS (no pun intended) is that they constantly drop acorns down on the sidewalk while people are walking! Now I don't know if they are sitting up in the tree limbs with their little squirrel buddies just waiting for the next innocent victim to walk by, and then chucking an acorn at them...but it sure feels that way! I feel like I need a helmet every time I leave the building! No kidding! One time I was walking behind a student and a squirrel made a direct hit -- KLUNK! Right on the top of his head! And it had to hurt because he let out a loud "Owww!" And it was really kind of hilarious, but I didn't say that b/c that would be mean.

So I'm just venting about the crazy squirrels on campus & their crazy acorn bombs going off all around me everyday. I'll be okay!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: