It definitely was a fall kind of weekend! The weather could not have been more perfect for fall activities & we took full advantage of that! Friday night, Nana and Grace met us for dinner at Outback.
Grace spent the night with us Friday night and we had SO much fun! After dinner, we made a quick Target trip and then headed home to get in our PJ's and watch movies. It was great having another girl in the house because we got to out-vote Chris on the movie selection - you know he always has us watching those silly boy movies!
I know it's early, but Elf is one of our all-time favorite movies and it was one that we could all 3 agree on!
Saturday morning bright and early I got up and met Jen and Hannah on campus for the Med Center 5K. It was a great morning for running, not too hot and not too cold! Jen had the Couch to 5K app on her phone so we used it while we ran to help us alternate between walking and running. We wanted to pace ourselves! We ended up finishing in 42 minutes -- not our best time but we were just there to have fun -- not win the race. And we had lots of fun!
After the race, I came back home and fixed blueberry muffins and coffee for us. And then me, Grace, and Chris headed off to Jackson's Orchard. Yay!!!!! I just love that place so much! We got caramel apple dippers and apple cider slushes (YUMMY). We walked around the cute little shop and bought lots of goodies like apple butter, homemade popcorn, and of course apples! Then we walked around outside and picked out a few pumpkins and gourds (which I totally forgot to take pictures of!). We had a really great time!
After the orchard trip, we dropped Grace off with Beth so they could head to Franklin to watch Cole play football. Since Friday night and Saturday had been all my plans, I figured it was Chris's turn to decide what we were going to do for Saturday night. He chose dinner at Chic-fil-a and to see the movie Ides of March.
It was interesting, but definitely a boy-movie. It's been a while since we've been to the theater to watch a good ole chick flick! I think we're overdue!
Sunday we went to church and then met Chris's parents for lunch at Outback. Yes, we went to Outback twice this weekend, ha! After lunch, his parents came over to play with Lucy and hang out for a little while. They left Sunday afternoon and I spent most of the rest of the afternoon finishing my book club book, The Room by Emma Donaghue. It was a very interesting book, but I have to warn you to brace yourself if you decide to read it! It has some pretty scary parts!
We had a great fall weekend & I heard on the news this morning that some really cool weather is coming our way this week. I have to admit I'm pretty much ready for it! I'm ready to break out my coat and scarves permanently instead of this unpredictable weather where it's cold in the morning, and then 85 degrees in the afternoon!
Hope you had a great weekend!







2 comments:
I just love reading your blog. You have a such a sweet little life. Reminds me of how me and my husband were (before kids :) You love the little simple things and that's awesome!
I love ELF. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jackson's Orchard. It was a huge hit for the Lady Toppers.
Post a Comment