Things have still been pretty quiet and uneventful lately, but we are definitely enjoying the quiet time. Last night I fixed Chris and I tacos and I tried a new recipe for salsa. It was really yummy. I took a picture of it before I mixed all of the ingredients together because the colors were so pretty!
I found the recipe on this blog, but I'll post it below in case you want to try it. (I actually cut the recipe in half since it was just for the two of us, plus I didn't use green onions.)
Salsa Recipe:
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans corn, drained
1 container cherry tomatoes (quarter each tomato)
2 avocados, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
Dressing:
Mix the juice of four limes with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic, minced. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Toss veggies and dressing and serve with chips.
While cooking dinner, we had the KY gubernatorial debate on the TV. Did any of you watch it? What did you think? I thought they all did a pretty good job. I can't imagine how hard it probably is to do a live debate in front of the entire state! I would be so nervous!
After the debate, we switched it over to The Biggest Loser. I love that show. Some of them got to video chat with their families last night (after not seeing them for 4 weeks) and I couldn't help myself, I cried like a baby! I was really surprised at who went home last night. Do you watch Biggest Loser? What did you think?
In other news, this morning on the local news someone found a 2-headed snake! Isn't that crazy? Two brains, two sets of eyes, two mouths. I don't know what I would do if I stumbled upon that thing in my backyard! They are sending it to a university in Tennessee for research.
Hope you are all having a good week! I'm off to meet Jen at the gym later this morning to train for our 5K! Wish us luck! Happy Wednesday!


No comments:
Post a Comment